2.15.2010

Let's Save Michigan


Fellow illustrator Mike Burdick gave me a heads up awhile back about a poster contest the DIA was hosting for the organization, "Let's Save Michigan." He suggested I submit a poster I had done for a class assignment last year that was under almost the same specifications as this contest. The only difference this time was, I had to use the phrase "Let's Save Michigan" in the design.
I'm glad I decided to re-work my old poster, which the more I look at it, the more I wanted to fix it and make the presentation a little neater. I had hand drawn the elements in the original design (it was part of the assignment to use both traditional and digital techniques.) In the revised design I re-built all of my shapes in Illustrator to make everything crisp and nice.

The old design said, "Support Local Business, Shop Resale."
I think the phrasing on the new design makes a little more sense so I'm glad that worked out.

5 comments:

Jillianevelyn said...

Looks great! I like this version a lot better!

Joanna said...

that looks really nice, I like those colors!

Chelsea Kirchoff said...

good luck in the contest. i like the revisions a lot.

オテモヤン said...

オナニー
逆援助
SEX
フェラチオ
ソープ
逆援助
出張ホスト
手コキ
おっぱい
フェラチオ
中出し
セックス
デリヘル
包茎
逆援
性欲

Sean Mann said...

Hi, I wanted to thank you for your poster submission and recent mention of the poster contest involving the Let's Save Michigan effort and the Detroit Institute of arts. With the help of you and many others, we had an amazing 300+ entries for this contest—this far exceeded our expectations! We have since narrowed the entries to 60 finalists (and you are one of them!)and you can view them here www.letssavemichigan.com/posters. We're now asking people to vote for their favorite poster among the finalists and we're hoping you could inform your readers about the voting, which runs from Feb. 23 to March 15.

Thanks again for your poster submission and your support in this contest that aims to highlight the numerous outstanding artists out there. To view the full press release about the contest and voting, visit www.letssavemichigan.com/posters.

Thanks - Sean Mann of Let's Save Michigan.