9.13.2011

Renegade Chicago 2011

This was the first year I made it out to Chicago for the Renegade Craft Fair. I dragged my sisters along (willingly, of course) and it was more than I could have hoped for.
Not only was every booth better and more inspiring than the next, but it was also a giant collective of artists and designers I've been admiring for the past few years, all in one place! Almost every booth I came across, I recognized designs that I have bookmarked as a favorite on my computer. 
My favorite purchase (and I admit, one of my only purchases) was this lovely print from little things studio.
It was really hard to pick out what I wanted to buy, because I wanted everything. No joke.
There were 300 vendors, so by the time we were done looking at everyone's stuff, it was so crowded you couldn't even move. Anything you wanted to go back and look at again, good luck! It was a mad house. I knew this would happen, so I guess I can't be too disappointed. Perhaps I'll just have to go back for their holiday market!

We spent the morning in Oak Park, touring through the neighborhood and seeing all of the houses designed by Mr. Frank Lloyd Wright. It was so beautiful and inspiring!

It's been a few years since I last visited, but it's definitely on my radar. Chicago, I've got my eyes on you!